Dolphin watching and barbecue at the Algarve beach
Discover the wonderful south coast of Portugal and board a catamaran on a dolphin expedition to the Algarve.
Algarve Boat Tour Dolphins & Barbecue - High Season (16 July - 14 September)
- Algarve boat tour dolphins & barbecue (5h) - high season - per person (11+ years)64.90€
- Algarve boat tour Dolphins & Barbecue (5h) - high season - per person (3-10 years)29.90€
Algarve Dolphin & Barbecue Boat Tour - Low season - 1 Nov. to 31 March
- Algarve boat tour Dolphins & Barbecue (5h) - low season - per person (11+ years)54.90€
- Algarve boat tour Dolphins & Barbecue (5h) - low season - per person (3-10 years)25.90€
Algarve Dolphin & Barbecue Boat Tour - Mid Season - 1 April to 15 July and 15 Sept. to 31 Oct
- Algarve boat tour dolphins & barbecue (5h) - low season - per person (11+ years)59.90€
- Algarve boat tour Dolphins & Barbecue (5h) - low season - per person (3-10 years)27.90€
Booking option: Albufeira Catamaran Tour Dolphins & BBQ
The search for the dolphins begins in the harbour of Albufeira. There the motor catamaran sets off for your 5-hour excursion and heads westwards along the wonderful Algarve coast. Lean back on board, enjoy a drink and let the great panorama of southern Portugal pass you by. The boat anchors on a secluded beach where the crew's lunch is served from the barbecue and you can spend time swimming, stand up paddling or snorkeling. On the way back, you drive to the dolphin spot and watch out for the animals. The boat goes a few kilometres off the coast up to 50 kilometres per hour. With a little luck the dolphins will join the boat and you will have 30 minutes to experience them up close.
- May: Wednesday and Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- June: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
- July: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
- August: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
- September: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
- October: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
- Duration: ~ 5 hours
- Capacity: catamaran for about 50 passengers
- Months: April - 31st of October
- Languages: German, English, French, Portuguese
- Starting points: Albufeira
- Pick-up: The transfer is free in the Albufeira region, between Falésia and Galé
- BBQ menu: grilled shrimp, grilled fish, grilled meat, crisps, algarvian salad, fruit of the season
- Skipper, fuel, swim stop(s), boat ride, meal, drinks during the meal, bar / cafeteria on board, toilet on board
- Open bar exclusively on the beach: water, soft drinks, beer, red/white wine and sangria
- It is not permitted to bring food and drink on board.
- This activity is not suitable for pregnant women.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The minimum age for alcohol consumption is 18 years.
- There is no guarantee that the dolphins will be seen.
- Minimum age 3 years
Please bring along:
Swimwear, towel, sunglasses, sun blocker, camera, Seasickness: If there is someone with a tendency to become seasick, we recommend tablets "Biodramina C", one hour before departure.
From Albufeira for dolphin watching on the sea and barbecue on the beach
Enjoy a beautiful piece of Portugal on this 5-hour day trip and from the water take a look at the wonderful coast of the Algarve and with a bit of luck at dolphins in the wild. On the boat trip in the region between Albufeira and Benagil you will see the grottos and caves so characteristic of the rocky Algarve, the long sandy beaches and steep rock faces and anchor for lunch on a secluded beach. Here you have peace and quiet and can enjoy a wonderful, authentic place and the turquoise sea. The crew will prepare a delicious grilled lunch with fresh ingredients and you may use the time to relax, swim, snorkel or stand up paddling. The equipment for water sports activities and beach games is taken on board and is available to you free of charge.
The return trip will be exciting. The boat will go out on the open sea with up to 50 kilometers per hour and you can go on the search for dolphins. The crew is experienced enough to know where the marine mammals are. A guarantee for the dolphin observation cannot be given nevertheless. What is certain, however, is that the waters of the Algarve are a dolphin territory and many of the dolphin watching tours are crowned with success. Whales are also frequently spotted off the coast of the Algarve. In addition, many exotic bird species rest here. For observers, it is perhaps one of the most moving moments when the fins of the sea animals emerge from the Atlantic or when several animals lift themselves out of the water in an inimitable way only to dive in again shortly afterwards.
There is no better way to discover the breathtaking coast of the Algarve than from the water. The interaction of sea and coast, the sometimes hilly, sometimes flat landscape, the yellow shimmering rocks and the golden sand give this region of Portugal that special something. You can spend a wonderful beach holiday in the Algarve and do so much more. The possible dolphin watching off the coast is not only a reason for animal lovers to come to this holiday region and go out by boat. Take advantage of the opportunity to take a boat trip from Albufeira to witness a rare natural spectacle and, with a bit of luck, experience dolphins live in their natural habitat.
Valid on the reserved day or for 12 months after date of purchase if no date has been selected. You will receive the tour operator's details with the purchased ticket. Attention: reservation is required! The reservation can be made through sunbonoo as part of the booking process or later by contacting the tour operator directly via phone or email.
Customer Reviews Dolphin watching and barbecue at the Algarve beach
Varied tourUnfortunately we didn´t see many dolphins and unfortunately they weren´t there at the swim stop, but overall the tour was fun. The food was ok.
Abwechslungsreiche TourViele Delfine haben wir leider nicht gesehen und beim Badestopp waren sie dann auch leider nicht da, aber insgesamt hat die Tour Spaß gemacht. Das Essen war ok.
Excellent!We all had a lot of fun. Highly recommended!
Super!Hat uns allen viel Spaß gemacht. Sehr empfehlenswert!
It´s worth itGreat tour, we saw a lot of dolphins and had a great day! Thank you!
Lohnt sichTolle Tour, wir haben viele Delphine gesehen und hatten einen tollen Tag! Danke!
Our customers' questions
How do I receive my tickets?
Where is the meeting point / will I be picked up directly at my hotel when a transfer is possible?
Can I pay in cash directly when the tour / activity starts?
Can I book on short notice?
What happens if the weather is too bad to do the tour / activity?
How does a gift voucher work?
Are discounts possible?