Jeep safari for adventurers, combined with relaxation in the spa of the Castro Marim salt works and tasting of regional products.
GUADIANA JEEP SAFARI & SALINAS SPA
- GUADIANA JEEP SAFARI & SALINAS SPA - PER PERSON (FROM 11 YEARS)70.-€
- GUADIANA JEEP SAFARI & SALINAS SPA - PER CHILD (UP TO 10 YEARS)35.-€
Booking option: The Algarve for adventurers and solid gourmets! Get to know the highlights of the Algarve on a lively jeep safari and relax in the spa of the saltworks
The Guadiana Jeep Safari & Salina Spa is a journey through the deepest Algarve near the Spanish border through off-road routes, creeks and typical villages where time seems to have stood still and preserves its most beautiful magical qualities. Typical local delicacies await you on a traditional farm followed by relaxation in a spa in the spectacular salt works near Castro Marim.
- Exploring the landscape and culture
- Stopping at natural viewpoints
- Visit an organic farm and taste traditional honey & jam
- Guided tour through the salt works, optional naturopathic treatments in the spa of the salt works
The tour includes:
- Jeep tour with professional drivers
- Guided tour of the Salina, artisanal salt production and the secret of the salt flower
- Naturopathic treatments in saline solution
- Tasting traditional products such as the traditional sweets and typical spirits of the Algarve
- Stop for a refreshing swim in the river
- Visits to typical villages and hamlets
- Tasting with local brandies and visit to a cork oak farm
Get in - a wonderful day awaits you to discover the best of the region!
A minimum age is not required for this jeep tour. However, it is not recommended for children who need a child seat. Child seats and booster seats are of course available.
Maximum number of occupants PER Jeep: 8
- Duration: ~ 8 hours
- Hours: 9:30 AM - in the evening
- Days: daily
- Months: open all-year
- Languages: English, Portuguese
- Difficulty level: easy
- Starting point: Castro Marim. Pick-up between Tavira and Vila Real de Santo António and between Ayamonte and Islantilla included
- Experienced driver, insurance, entry fees
- Normal fitness level
Please bring along:
Passport, towel, sunglasses, sun blocker, suitable clothing
The Algarve for off-road adventurers and solid gourmets!
On our Guadiana Safari & Salina Spa Jeep Safari you are on the way with strong off-road vehicles through the beautiful landscape to viewpoints, through brooks and through idyllic villages. You can meet the villagers and inform yourself about their daily life. After a stop for a swim in the river, the experienced drivers will take you to the saltworks of Castro Marim with their famous nature spa.
Part of the Guadiana Safari & Salina Spa Jeep tour is also the tasting of gastronomic specialities typical of this region. Enjoy the Portuguese honey, jam and other culinary delights of a traditional (organic) farm. On the tour there you can discover the centuries-old secrets of this mystical region.
In the afternoon, a guided tour of the salt works awaits you to get to know the traditional production of sea salt and the processes of salt skimming by familiarising yourself with its historical background, its social and ecological functions. Get to know the natural fauna and flora of this nature reserve. You also have the opportunity to enjoy the special, health-promoting water and the saline clay: A relaxing, naturopathic application - a relief for your body! Flor de Sal is known as the salt of choice for gourmets and for its health benefits.
A typical Guadiana Safari & Salina Spa Jeep tour lasts about 8 hours. These safari tours are offered all year round from Castro Marim. The price includes pick-up and return service between Tavira and Vila Real de Santo António and between Ayamonte and Islantilla. Insurance, complete supervision, entry and guided tour through the salt works and of course an experienced driver are also included.
Valid on the reserved day or for 12 months after date of purchase if no date has been selected. You will receive the tour operator's details with the purchased ticket. Attention: reservation is required! The reservation can be made through sunbonoo as part of the booking process or later by contacting the tour operator directly via phone or email.
Our customers' questions
How do I receive my tickets?
Where is the meeting point / will I be picked up directly at my hotel when a transfer is possible?
Can I pay in cash directly when the tour / activity starts?
Can I book on short notice?
What happens if the weather is too bad to do the tour / activity?
How does a gift voucher work?
Are discounts possible?