Sightseeing & gastronomy: wine tasting near Barcelona and Montserrat tour
First you'll visit the famous Montserrat monastery, then you continue to a medieval castle near Barcelona for wine tasting and a multi-course menu.
- Montserrat tour from Barcelona with wine tasting - per adult (13-64 yrs)99.95€
- Montserrat tour from Barcelona with wine tasting - per senior (from 65 yrs)97.95€
- Montserrat tour from Barcelona with wine tasting - per child (4-12 yrs)69.95€
Booking option: Montserrat tour from Barcelona with wine tasting in a castle
On the wonderful Montserrat tour from Barcelona with wine tasting in an enchating castle from the Middle Ages, you get to know more about the history and culture of the Catalans. With the air-conditiones bus, you start in the morning in a small group of maximum 15 persons from the centre of Barcelona to Montserrat to learn more about the monastery and its history on a guided Montserrat tour. In the following 2 hours leisure time you can i.e. visit the Montserrat museum, ride up the mountain with the steepest funicular of Spain to enjoy the views or visit the farmer's market.
The Montserrat tour from Barcelona now leads you to the vineyard Oller del Mas, where you first savour a delicious multi-course menu in Catalan style in the attached restaurant. Afterwards you dive into the vineyards and the wine cellars of the 10th century during a guided tour through the marvellous castle. At the wine tasting near Barcelona in Oller del Mas, you try three different red wines and learn more about the wine production process as well as the assessment of the characteristics of the wine. After this fascinating wine tasting near Barcelona with Montserrat tour, you relaxedly return to the starting point.
Please note that the itinerary may change for logistical reasons and that we may visit another family-run winery instead of the Oller del Mas winery!
- Duration: ~ 11 hours
- Hours: 8:30 AM - 7:30 PM
- Days: daily
- Months: possible all-year
- Languages: English
- Pick-up not included
- Starting point: Barcelona centre
- Guided tour of Montserrat monastery, approx. 2 hours leisure time in Montserrat
- Transfer, professional guide, air-conditioned bus
- Catalan multi-course menu with wine, castle tour to the wine cellars with wine tasting of 3 wines
- Children until 3 years can join the tour for free. Please note that no infant seat and no food are provided.
- The Montserrat tour from Barcelona with wine tasting takes place daily except 1st, 5th, 6th January, 27th April and 12th, 13th, 24th, 25th, 31st December.
- The boys choir of Montserrat does not sing on Saturdays and several other days during the year.
- If desired, you can buy the wines on site and let them be shipped.
- Groups are limited to a maximum of 16 people per guide, but transportation may be shared with other groups. In exceptional cases the number of participants can be increased up to 18 persons.
Please bring along:
Sunglasses, sun blocker, snacks, camera, drinks
Luscious wine tasting near Barcelona with Montserrat tour and castle visit
You'll only really get to know a country when you'll get to know more about its culture and background. On this unique Montserrat tour from Barcelona with wine tasting on a castle on the 10th century, you dive into the fascinating food culture and the history of the Catalans. Far away from the vivid city, you can experience the centuries-old traditions first hand, which characterise the region of Catalonia. The Montserrat tour with wine tasting near Barcelona is only conducted in small groups in order to guarantee that the guide can elaborate on your questions extensively at any time. During your visit to Montserrat, you will have the opportunity to experience l' Escolania de Montserrat, the oldest boys' choir in Europe.
Taste the excellent, traditional cuisine and the most ambrosial, organic wines at the wine tasting near Barcelona. During the tour you'll not only visit the famous landmarks like Montserrat but also hidden monuments full of history like Oller del Mas, the medieval castle that is known for its outstanding wines produced there since generations. Stroll through the landmark of Catalonia at the Montserrat tour from Barcelona and let the guide let you in on its myths and legends. Subsequently, you'll treat your palate with the rewarded dishes and wines of Oller del Mas at the wine tasting near Barcelona. Give yourself the gift of a very special excursion to get to know the fascinating Catalonia from another point of view!
Valid on the reserved day or for 12 months after date of purchase if no date has been selected. You will receive the tour operator's details with the purchased ticket. Attention: reservation is required! The reservation can be made through sunbonoo as part of the booking process or later by contacting the tour operator directly via phone or email.
Our customers' questions
How do I receive my tickets?
Where is the meeting point / will I be picked up directly at my hotel when a transfer is possible?
Can I pay in cash directly when the tour / activity starts?
Can I book on short notice?
What happens if the weather is too bad to do the tour / activity?
How does a gift voucher work?
Are discounts possible?