Barcelona Cooking Class - Take advantage of the tips and tricks from local grans
Sign up for Grandma's cooking class in Barcelona and get to know Spain in a more authentic way. Learn how to cook with local grannies and find out all the top ways to prepare traditional food. One of the cooks can translate as well so there's no need to worry if your Spanish isn't strong.
Grandma's cooking class in Barcelona without market visit
- Grandma's Cooking Class in Barcelona - per person (7+)150.-€
- Grandma's Cooking Class in Barcelona - per person (3-6)75.-€
- Grandma's Cooking Class in Barcelona - per person (0-2)0.-€
Grandma's cooking class in Barcelona with market visit
- Grandma's Cooking Class in Barcelona inc. market visit - per person (7+)175.-€
- Grandma's Cooking Class in Barcelona inc. market visit - per person (3-6)87.50€
- Grandma's Cooking Class in Barcelona inc. market visit - per person (0-2)0.-€
Booking option: Cooking class in Barcelona with local grannies
Learn how to cook typical Spanish and Catalan dishes with a local grandma. Don't worry about your Spanish or your Catalan for that matter as there'll be another cook translating everything. Make a 3-course meal from scratch and tuck in to everything with a glass of red or white wine afterwards. There is a trip to the market before the cooking class in Barcelona gets started as well.
- Schedule: Start at 11am or 6pm (with the market visit 1 hour before at 10am or 5pm). Duration: 2.5h (without the market visit or 3.5h with it)
- Days: daily except Sundays
- Months: possible all-year
- Languages: German, English, Spanish, French, Catalan
- Pick-up not included
- Cooking class, all the ingredients for the 3-course meal, everything you need to prepare it and wine and water with the meal
- The cooking class takes place with between 2 and 12 people (or between 6 and 8 for a private class).
Learn how to prepare Spanish and Catalan food by doing a cooking course in Barcelona with local grandmothers
Join a special cooking class in Barcelona and make traditional dishes from the area with a local grandma. There is a trip to the market before the cookery gets going if you're up for it. It's there that the products are picked up to put together the 3-course meal in Barcelona. If this sounds good to you then you need to make your way to Boqueria market an hour before the class starts. Learn how to cook in a small group with up to 12 people. An experienced cook joins the cooking class to break down the language barrier between the group and the grandma. Find out all kinds of facts about the regional dishes and get top tips from a professional. Make the most of the many years of experienced that the grandmothers bring to the table and get acquainted with Spanish and Catalan cuisine.
Find out about Spanish and Catalan cookery in Barcelona. Throw local and fresh produce into the mix and let the grandmas show you and tell you how to make the most of the flavours in the typical dishes. You don't need to bring anything along with you apart from a smile, a pair of hands and willingness to learn as everything you need is already in the kitchen ready for you. Bounce ideas back and forth with the other students and be let in on traditional recipes. Once you've finished the hard part, it's time to wine and dine. Sit yourself down and tuck into the freshly prepared grub with local wines as well. Experience Spanish and Catalan culture up close. If you fancy it, book the cooking course privately for you and a group of your closest friends or family. If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know in advance.
Valid on the reserved day or for 12 months after date of purchase if no date has been selected. You will receive the tour operator's details with the purchased ticket. Attention: reservation is required! The reservation can be made through sunbonoo as part of the booking process or later by contacting the tour operator directly via phone or email.
Our customers' questions
How do I receive my tickets?
Where is the meeting point / will I be picked up directly at my hotel when a transfer is possible?
Can I pay in cash directly when the tour / activity starts?
Can I book on short notice?
What happens if the weather is too bad to do the tour / activity?
How does a gift voucher work?
Are discounts possible?