Full day jeep tour from Funchal for all senses
Full day jeep tour from Funchal through the vineyards, the laurisilva forest of the north and a visit of the pristine Madeira - a 4x4 tour for all your senses.
The traditional Madeira on the jeep tour from Funchal
- Jeep tour from Funchal "for all senses" - per adult (from 12 yrs)48.-€
- Jeep tour from Funchal "for all senses" - per child (0-11 yrs)24.-€
Transfer optionally bookable
- Transfer (pick-up and drop-off) from transfer zone 1 - per person5.-€
- Transfer (pick-up and drop-off) from transfer zone 2 - per person10.-€
Booking option: Jeep tour from Funchal through the traditional Madeira
This jeep tour from Funchal leads you in direction of São Vicente, located in the most beautiful valley of Madeira. You'll pass through the unique laurisilva forests, that are declared UNESCO world natural heritage. Enjoy the landscape, the fascinating scents and the interesting explications of the professional guides during the offroad tour in Madeira. Now you follow small paths with the 4x4 jeeps along the coast. Visit São Vicente, which is famous for its Garden "Jardim Indígena" and its lava grot, as well as Ponta Delgada and Boaventura, located in a valley with numerous rivers. Additionally, you'll pass by the most fertile village of Madeira: São Jorge, where you'll visit the saw mill of an old water mill of the village and also an old rum fabrik.
At lunchtime, you can savour the typical menu of a local restaurant for a small extra charge. Also Santana will be visited during the jeep tour from Funchal, since its famous, thatched houses are a popular foto motif. Another stop is made in the old rum fabrik in Porto da Cruz. The jeep tour ends in Caniçal, a small, traditional fishermen's village, before you return back to the starting point. This Madeira jeep tour appeals to all your senses! Enjoy the offroad ride through the amazing nature. Discover idyllic villages and the old traditions of Madeira.
Transfer possible from:
- Free transfer from: Funchal, Caniço
- Transfer zone 1: Santo da Serra, Machico, Santa Cruz, Camacha, Jardim da Serra, Ponta do Sol, Calheta
- Transfer zone 2: Caniçal, Porto da Cruz, Santana, Ponta Delgada, Porto Moniz, Ponta do Pargo, Prazeres
- Duration: ~ 8 hours
- Hours: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- Closing times: no tours on 25 December and 1 January
- Months: possible all-year
- Languages: German, English, Spanish, Portuguese
- Lunch exclusive: main dish, dessert, coffee and one drink (can be booked on site at the driver's for 12 €)
- Transfer (if the corresponding booking option was selected), professional guide, insurance, photos
- 1 bottle of water, map
- This is a guided jeep safari in Madeira, you can only be passenger.
- The jeep safari is not suitable for wheel-chair users.
- If desired, an infant's seat can be provided, please add this in the commentary field when booking.
Please bring along:
Sunglasses, sun blocker, sturdy, closed-toe shoes, long trousers / jacket, camera
Day jeep tour from Funchal to the northeast of Madeira
This jeep tour from Funchal in the green northeast of Madeira is an experience for all senses. The tour through the laurisilva forest, the unique, primeval forest, is a pleasure for all nature lovers. It was declared UNESCO world natural heritage in 1999. The convertible all-terrain vehicles are ideal to explore the special nature of Madeira. You'll be accompanied by local, experienced drivers, who can give you countless, exciting background information about the sights, so you'll have a fantastic insight to the life on Madeira. Enjoy the exotic scents and smells of Madeira, for example the one of the laurisilva forest, the wine or the colourful flowers.
Afterwards, the 4x4 tour in Madeira shows you more of the northeastern coast of the island. You'll drive through traditional villages, in which the time seems to be standing still - picturesque villages, that live from agriculture and viticulture. The famous Madeira wine has its origin here. On the jeep tour from Funchal, you'll also visit the saw mill of an old water mill as well as a rum fabrik powered by steam. The scenic beauty of the region, the viewpoints with great views of the Atlantic Ocean, the forests and rivers make this Madeira tour with the jeep to a very special experience, which you'll be surely keen to repeat.
Valid on the reserved day or for 12 months after date of purchase if no date has been selected. You will receive the tour operator's details with the purchased ticket. Attention: reservation is required! The reservation can be made through sunbonoo as part of the booking process or later by contacting the tour operator directly via phone or email.
Customer Reviews Full day jeep tour from Funchal for all senses
To recommendNice tour guide, great landscape. Everything ran well, I can recommend.
Zu empfehlenNetter Reiseführer, tolle Landschaft. Alles lief gut, kann ich weiter empfehlen.
Our customers' questions
How do I receive my tickets?
Where is the meeting point / will I be picked up directly at my hotel when a transfer is possible?
Can I pay in cash directly when the tour / activity starts?
Can I book on short notice?
What happens if the weather is too bad to do the tour / activity?
How does a gift voucher work?
Are discounts possible?