Montserrat visit with tapas- and wine tour from Barcelona INFO
- Montserrat tapas- & wine tour Barcelona - per adult (13-64 yrs)74.95€
- Montserrat tapas- & wine tour Barcelona - per senior (65+ yrs)72.95€
- Montserrat tapas- & wine tour Barcelona - per child (4-12 yrs)59.95€
Montserrat visit from Barcelona with wine, cogwheel train and tapas INFO
- Montserrat tour Barcelona with cogwheel train, wine + tapas - per adult (13-64 yrs)89.95€
- Montserrat tour Barcelona with cogwheel train, wine + tapas - per senior (65+ yrs)87.95€
- Montserrat tour Barcelona with cogwheel train, wine + tapas - per child (4-12 yrs)59.95€
Montserrat visit from Barcelona with wine, cogwheel train and multi-course menu INFO
- Montserrat tour Barcelona with cogwheel train, wine + menu - per adult (13-64)99.95€
- Montserrat tour Barcelona with cogwheel train, wine + menu - per senior (65+ yrs.)97.95€
- Montserrat tour Barcelona with cogwheel train, wine + menu - per child (4-12 yrs.)69.95€
Overview / General Information
Tapas- and wine tour from Barcelona with Montserrat visit
Experience a wonderful mix of fascinating culture, excellent gastronomy and impressive nature on the tapas- and wine tour from Barcelona with Montserrat visit. Choose between a wine tour without or with cogwheel train ride, which also includes a liquor tasting and leisure time in Montserrat. For both wine tours from Barcelona applies:
- Days: daily
- Months: possible all-year
- Important note: Please note that the itinerary may change for logistical reasons and that we may visit another family-run winery instead of the Oller del Mas winery!
- Languages: English
- Pick-up not included
- Starting point: Barcelona centre
- Guided Montserrat tour
- Professional guide, air-conditioned bus
- Guided tour of the castle Oller del Mas, vineyards and wine cellars, wine tasting of 3 organic wines
Option 1: Tapas- & wine tour from Barcelona with Montserrat
From Barcelona you start the wine tour with tapas eating in direction of the monastery of Montserrat, which is considered the cornerstone of the Catalan culture. Get to know lots of fascinating information about the monastery, its history, the black Madonna and the incredible facade on the guided Montserrat tour. During the following half an hour leisure time, you can explore Montserrat on your own terms and enjoy the spectacular panorama. Now the Barcelona wine tour leads you to the wine-growing estate and castle Oller del Mas from the 10th century, whose wine cellars and lands you'll get to know on a guided tour. At the extensive feast you can try the high-quality tapas and a wine tasting of the rewarded wines. Relaxedly you'll return back to Barcelona.
- Duration: ~ 7 hours
- Hours: 8:45 AM - 3:45 PM
- 30 min leisure time in Montserrat
- A selection of cold tapas and dessert
Option 2: Tapas- & wine tour from Barcelona with Montserrat & cogwheel train
On this wine tour from Barcelona with tapas you first start in the village Monistrol de Montserrat, from where you ride up the mountain Montserrat with the 1892 opened cogwheel train in order to enjoy the impressive panoramic views. Arriving at the monastery of Montserrat, you can try four traditional liquors and the sweet pastry Coca de Montserrat, before the guide reveals the legends and the importance of the cultural site on a guided Montserrat tour. Listen to the famous boy's choir of Montserrat during their vesper service and use the one hour free time up to your liking. Afterwards, the wine tour from Barcelona takes you to the castle Oller del Mas, where you'll get to know the wine-making process during a guided tour through the whole vineyard. At the subsequent tapas eating and wine degustation you can try the excellent, organic wines and high-quality tapas, before the wine tour ends back in Barcelona.
- Duration of the tour: with tapas option: approx. 7.5 hrs / with the menu option: approx. 9.5 hrs.
- Hours: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Ride with the cogwheel train to Montserrat, 1 hour leisure time in Montserrat
- Catering: only when selecting the Tapas option: welcome white wine, cheese platter, selection of cold tapas / only when selecting the menu option: local multi-course menu
- Children until 3 years joint the tour for free. Please note that no infant seat and no meal are provided.
- The tapas- and wine tour from Barcelona with Montserrat visit takes place daily except 1st and 6th January, 27th April and 12th, 13th and 25th December.
- The boys choir of Montserrat does not sing on Saturdays and several other days during the year.
- If desired, you can buy the wines on site and let them be shipped.
- Groups are limited to a maximum of 16 people per guide, but transportation may be shared with other groups. In exceptional cases the number of participants can be increased up to 18 persons.
Please bring along:
Sunglasses, sun blocker, snacks, camera, drinks
Experience the Catalan culture at the tapas- and wine tour from Barcelona with Montserrat visit
The ideal mixture of spectacular nature, history-charged culture and delicious gastronomy awaits you on the tapas- and wine tour from Barcelona with Montserrat visit. The tours are conducted with an air-conditioned bus. Choose between a wine tour from Barcelona with or without cogwheel train, which will not only take you to the famous monastery of Montserrat, but also to the picturesque wine-growing estate Oller del Mas. Savour the high-quality tapas with regional specialities and learn more about the wine-making process, the storage and the cultivation of the rewarded wines of Oller del Mas, which is in family-owned since generations.
The tapas- and wine tour from Barcelona with Montserrat visit is conducted in small groups in order to guarantee you an exclusive experience. You will visit Montserrat and the passionate guide will let you in on the fascinating history of the monastery mountain. During your leisure time in the monastery, you can relax in the incredible scenery or stroll across the spacious monastery gorunds to the souvenir shop, the farmer's market or to the sculpture "Stairways to Heaven". Enjoy a diversified and interesting day at the luscious tapas- and wine tour from Barcelona with Montserrat visit.
Valid on the reserved day or for 12 months after date of purchase if no date has been selected. You will receive the tour operator's details with the purchased ticket. Attention: reservation is required! The reservation can be made through sunbonoo as part of the booking process or later by contacting the tour operator directly via phone or email.
Our customers' questions
How do I receive my tickets?
Where is the meeting point / will I be picked up directly at my hotel when a transfer is possible?
Can I pay in cash directly when the tour / activity starts?
Can I book on short notice?
What happens if the weather is too bad to do the tour / activity?
How does a gift voucher work?
Are discounts possible?