From Ponta Delgada: Buggy Tour Sete Cidades in São Miguel
Beautiful nature, breathtaking landscapes and an unforgettable experience of riding a buggy is what you will find on this day trip from Ponta Delgada.
Buggy Tour in a 4-seater Buggy
- Sete Cidades Buggy Tour (full day) - no pick-up - 1 seat in a 4-seater buggy (age 12+) 109.-€
- Sete Cidades Buggy Tour (full day) - no pick-up - 1 seat in a 4-seater buggy (age 4-11) 54.50€
- Sete Cidades Buggy Tour (full day) - pick-up Ponta Delgada city - 1 seat in a 4-seater buggy (age 12+) 109.-€
- Sete Cidades Buggy Tour (full day) - pick-up Ponta Delgada city - 1 seat in a 4-seater buggy (age 4-11) 54.50€
Buggy tour in a private buggy (up to 2 persons)
- Sete Cidades Buggy Tour (full day) - no pick-up - private Buggy (up to 2 persons) 350.-€
- Sete Cidades Buggy Tour (full day) - pick-up Ponta Delgada city - private Buggy (up to 2 persons) 350.-€
Booking option: Full Day Buggy Tour from Ponta Delgada to Sete Cidades
The Sete Cidades Buggy Tour is rightly one of the greatest adventures in São Miguel. In an off-roader, we drive from Ponta Delgada once around the impressive volcanic crater. On the way we stop at numerous viewpoints to connect with this unique landscape. Look forward to the thrill of driving and to a crater landscape with embedded lakes and towering green walls. The full day tour in Sao Miguel includes lunch in a local restaurant of Sete Cidades (village). You choose to take your place in a four-person buggy (drivers can take turns) or in a private buggy for 1 to 2 people (just for you) on this excursion.
- Route: Unileite/Bom Pastor – Canada Goyanes – Muro das 9 Janelas – Pico da cruz – Cumeeira Norte Vista do Miradouro – Seara – Vila das Sete Cidades – Península – Cerrado as Freiras – Ponte da Lagoa das Sete Cidades – Canada Larga – Bom Pastor
- Duration: ~ 7.5 hours
- Hours: 8:30 AM
- Days: daily
- Months: possible all-year
- Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese
- Pick-up included in selected offers from: Ponta Delgada
- Starting points: Ponta Delgada
- Professional guide, introduction, insurance, helmet, meal, 1 drink
The vehicles are covered by third-party liability insurance. Drivers sign a liability declaration before the tour.
If any damage occurs, it will be documented at the end of the tour and the cost will be charged to the client if the damage was caused by him or her.
A deposit ranging from €500 to €2500 may be charged to cover the cost of any damage.
- Driver has to be at least 18 years old
- Valid car driving licence (class B)
Passport, car driving licence (category B), sturdy, closed-toe shoes, suitable clothing, long trousers / jacket, camera, water
Family-friendly Buggy Tour to Sete Cidades from Ponta Delgada
That the Portuguese elevated Sete Cidades in São Miguel to one of their 7 natural wonders may come as little surprise when you gaze into this fabulous landscape from the majestic Miradouro da Vista do Rei lookout. The caldera is unique and engaging - and the paths around it are worth driving in an off-road vehicle. One of the best experiences in São Miguel is a buggy tour of Sete Cidades. With more than 50 per cent off-road, everyone gets their money's worth on this day trip and is rewarded with impressive photo opportunities. At least as long as the weather plays along, which tends to change quickly in the Azores and often comes with fog, especially at high altitudes.
In general, the onion principle is recommended for a buggy tour in the Azores. And you are well advised not to wear the best trousers. You will always kick up some dust on this off-road tour around Sete Cidades. We start the Sete Cidades Buggy Tour with a safety briefing at the base in Ponta Delgada. Once you have put on your helmet and fastened your seatbelt, you follow the guide's vehicle towards the west side of the island. Along the way, you will pass Pico do Carvão, Canário Lake, the northern and southern ridges of Sete Cidades, Silence Bay and many other outstanding examples of the natural landscape. Stop for a traditional lunch of Azorean kitchen.
Valid on the reserved day or for 12 months after date of purchase if no date has been selected. You will receive the tour operator's details with the purchased ticket. Attention: reservation is required! The reservation can be made through sunbonoo as part of the booking process or later by contacting the tour operator directly via phone or email.
Our customers' questions
How do I receive my tickets?
Where is the meeting point / will I be picked up directly at my hotel when a transfer is possible?
Can I pay in cash directly when the tour / activity starts?
Can I book on short notice?
What happens if the weather is too bad to do the tour / activity?
How does a gift voucher work?
Are discounts possible?