Short sightseeing tour in Lanzarote to the National Park Timanfaya
Sightseeing tour on the beautiful island of Lanzarote to Timanfaya National Park. Half day tour, a camel ride is possible!
Small southern round trip in Lanzarote
The Timanfaya national park is one of the most beautiful and exciting attractions in Lanzarote. Its lava field that emerged during the volcanic eruptions in the years 1730-1736 covers the entire park. Almost a quarter of the island has since been covered by a bizarre desert of volcanic cones, giant ash and solidified lava fields. The thirty volcanic cones were declared a national reserve in 1974. It looks like a lunar landscape, you find bare slopes, enormous crater holes, and sharp lava everywhere in all shapes and colors. The colorful landscape is a very special experience. Depending on the time of the day they turn from gray-brown to black or even red shimmering.
Tours on your own through the national park in Lanzarote are not allowed, and that is also strictly controlled. Therefore, this guided tour provides a special experience in the Timanfaya national park and is probably one of the only ways to experience the natural park up close. Already the first section of the bus ride through the lava fields along the fire mountains is very impressive. There are a lot of interesting photo and video motifs.
The highlight of this sightseeing tour on Lanzarote is the possible camel ride *(optional for 6 €). At the dromedary station in the Timanfaya national park, you can take part in an adventurous camel ride. On the back of the animals you will experience the wilderness of the park while riding up and down the desert hills.
You will also visit the visitor center of Islote de Hilario, from where you can enjoy a spectacular view of the national park. There is a restaurant, where you can enjoy barbecue food directly from the lava grill, and some tourists demonstrations, in which the high ground heat of Lanzarote is presented. Water will be poured into tubes that are up to 10 meters deep into the ground. The water evaporates within seconds and hisses in a fountain out of the holes into the air.
Last but not less interesting you will visit a unique landscape, the La Geria, a wine region, which is famous for the originality of their crops. A small wine tasting is included in the price. At the end of the sightseeing tour in Lanzarote starts the return to the hotel.
Southern round trip in Lanzarote:
- Days: every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- Languages: English, German, Spanish (Tuesday / Wednesday no Spanish, Saturday no German)
- Duration: pick-up around 9:30 am and drop-off approx. 3:00 pm
- Transfer from the zones: Arrecife / cruise port, Costa Teguise, Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca, Puerto Calero
- Please indicate the name and location of your accommodation when booking in the field "additional information". You will receive the exact pick-up time with the tickets via email
- Ticket price small tour National Park Timanfaya - per adult (from 12 years): 25 €
- Ticket price small tour National Park Timanfaya - per child (3-11 years): 15 €
- Price camel ride (paid on site): 6 €
Valid for 12 months after date of purchase. You will receive the tour operator's details with the purchased ticket. Attention: reservation is required! The reservation can be made through sunbonoo as part of the booking process or later by contacting the tour operator directly via phone or email.