Boat trip to the dolphins
With the dolphins and caves of the Algarve coast, you will discover two special features of southern Portugal on this boat tour. A 2-hour boat trip awaits you, during which you can reach the bottlenose dolphins' reserve in a fast catamaran and keep an eye out for the jolly sea swimmers.
Dolphin watching - high season - 16th Jul. - 14th Sep.
- Dolphin and Cave Tour Algarve - 16 Jul. - 14 Sep. - per adult (11+)only 29.90€ instead of 39.90€
- Dolphin and cave tour Algarve - 16 Jul. - 14 Sep. - per child (3 - 10 y.)only 20.-€ instead of 25.-€
Dolphin watching - mid season - 1st Apr. - 15th Jul. & 15th Sep. - 31th Oct.
- Dolphin and Cave Tour Algarve - 1 Apr - 15 Jul. & 15 Sep. - 31 Oct. - per adult (11+)only 29.90€ instead of 35.-€
- Dolphin and cave tour Algarve - 1 Apr - 15 Jul. & 15 Sep. - 31 Oct. - per child (3 - 10 y.)only 20.-€ instead of 22.50€
Dolphin watching - postseason - 1st Nov. - 31th Mar.
- Dolphin and Cave Tour Algarve - 1 Nov. - 31 Mar. - per adult (11+)29.90€
- Dolphin and cave tour Algarve - 1 Nov. - 31 Mar. - per child (3 - 10 y.)20.-€
Booking option: Dolphin and Coastal Tour from Albufeira
The boat trip combines two unforgettable experiences into a lasting holiday experience: watching dolphins and marvelling at caves in the Algarve. Enjoy a trip along the Atlantic coast in southern Portugal and feel the anticipation of seeing the bottlenose dolphins outside on the sea. You will sail in a modern, fast catamaran with sun deck, so that you can enjoy this excursion in the Algarve to the fullest.
- January (from 24.) - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday at 2:00 pm
- February - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday at 2:00 pm
- March / April - Daily at 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm
- May - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 10:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm and Wednesday and Sunday at 3:30 pm
- June - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 10:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm / Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday at 9:30 am and 5:30 pm
- July/August - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday at 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 2:00 pm, 4:00 pm / Monday and Wednesday at 9:30 am and 5:30 pm
- September - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday at 10:00 am, 1:00 pm, 3:00 pm / Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 9:30 am and 5:30 pm
- October - Tuesday & Thursday at 9:30 am / Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday at 10:30 am & 02:00 pm
- Duration: ~ 2 hours
- Months: January - October
- Languages: German, English, French, Portuguese
- Starting points: Albufeira
- Skipper, fuel, insurance, boat ride, bar / cafeteria on board, toilet on board
The catamaran has a capacity of 58 passengers.
It is not allowed to bring food or drink on board. Baby food and drinks for children up to 3 years are excepted.
- Minimum age 3 years
- Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Please bring along:
Sunglasses, sun blocker, camera
Dolphin watching in the Algarve - by boat to the dolphin spot
To see dolphins in the wild is without question one of the most beautiful and touching nature experiences of all. When the animals suddenly shoot out of the water in front of the boat and jump happily between the waves, the eyes of those who can be there also shine. Dolphin watching is possible in the Algarve, because some dolphin species are at home in the waters on the southern coast of Portugal. Especially between March and November, many associations of these marine creatures romp around the Atlantic Ocean.
For dolphin watching in the Algarve start your 2-hour boat trip in Albufeira. With a fast, modern motor catamaran you will first sail along the coast, so that you can admire the famous rock formations and caves of the Algarve. Then the skipper steers further out to sea. And you can already look out from your comfortable seat for the nimble swimmers, for fins, for shades of grey or for white bellies. Besides dolphins, other animals also have their habitat off the Algarve coast. These include whales, sharks, turtles and sea birds.
Dolphin watching in the Algarve is especially recommended when travelling with children. But adults also enjoy this natural spectacle. A dolphin observation cannot be guaranteed to 100 percent. But the probability is very high in this region. The catamaran that starts your dolphin watching in the Algarve reaches 30 miles per hour and is fast enough to keep up with the fast swimmers who reach enormous speeds underwater.
The dolphin watching Albufeira is an Algarve holiday tip for everyone who enjoys natural beauty, landscapes and a sea breeze. The coast around Albufeira is one of the most beautiful in Portugal. Especially the steeply rising rocks and the wide sandy beaches offer a panorama full of contrasts. In addition, there are the caves that make this landscape park and with it your boat trip something special.
Valid on the reserved day or for 12 months after date of purchase if no date has been selected. You will receive the tour operator's details with the purchased ticket. Attention: reservation is required! The reservation can be made through sunbonoo as part of the booking process or later by contacting the tour operator directly via phone or email.
Customer Reviews Boat trip to the dolphins
Good, but too shortThe tour is relatively short with 2 hours and a lot of time was lost in our search for the dolphins. And there weren't that many either. We found the caves more impressive.
Gut, aber zu kurzDie Tour ist mit 2 Stunden relativ kurz und viel Zeit ging bei uns mit der Suche der Delfine verloren. Und sonderlich viele waren es auch nicht. Wir fanden die Höhlen beeindruckender.
So many dolphinsIt´s amazing how many dolphins we saw while driving! Unfortunately we were not allowed to swim in the water and with them. But looking at it alone is also worthwhile!
So viele DelfineWahnsinn, wie viele Delfine wir während der Fahrt gesehen haben! Leider durften wir nicht ins Wasser und mit ihnen schwimmen. Aber das Anschauen allein lohnt auch!
Our customers' questions
How do I receive my tickets?
Where is the meeting point / will I be picked up directly at my hotel when a transfer is possible?
Can I pay in cash directly when the tour / activity starts?
Can I book on short notice?
What happens if the weather is too bad to do the tour / activity?
How does a gift voucher work?
Are discounts possible?